If you are thinking sequins aren’t for you, ladies you are mistaken. Obviously, you have to make sure that you don’t impersonate a disco ball. It should go without saying, but sequins make a major statement and need to be used carefully whenever you’re going to bite the bullet and go for a dress covered in bling, from top to bottom.
1. When you are wearing a sequined dress you are going to be turning heads. Never opt for a daring neckline or a dramatic silhouette on top of the sequins.
2. Don’t own too short dress or skirt, it’s okay to wear a mini dress if still that you want but try for one that you can sit in comfortably without worrying.
3. Don’t pair your sequin dress with a sequin footwear, choose a solid colour. A sequined dress does all the talking, and rest of your outfit should complement it. In other words, don’t match sparkle with sparkle
5. Once you own a sequin don’t be self-conscious, wear it and Flaunt it.
1. Pick a dress with a simple cut, there are plenty of styles in the market you may opt for a strapless dress, a t-shirt dress or anything you feel like but remember that when it comes to cut less really is more. Keep it basic.
2. Always own a dress that fits you well. Find a dress that hits you in all the right places.
3. Choose an all sequin dress in one colour because a patterned or multi colour sequin dress just becomes an eyesore. Whether your dress is golden that I am wearing in the picture black, silver … choose one and stick to it.
4. Pair your sequin with fewer accessories. Just an earring with a wrist watch is more than enough. If possible skip the jewellery.
5. You can even layer your sequin dress with a sleek jacket if you have to go in a daylight.
Tell me, how do you wear your sequins? Have you bought anything sequined yet? What will you wear it with?
Tell me your views in the comment box below.
Outfit is from Cupid stores
Location courtesy: PlayBoy beer garden Pune
Photography by Ankit waghela
See you soon.